HOWTO : Firmware update process for APM MavLink to FrSky SmartPort Converter AIRBORNE PROJECTS to be compliant OpenTX 2.1.7.
The converter must be disconnected from the Smartports before starting.
You must connect the USB interface converter to the PC with Windows 7, 8 or 10 and install the driver.
- Installing drivers for the Seeeduino with window7
Plug in your board and wait for Windows to begin its driver installation process. After a few moments, the process will fail.
Open the Device Manager by right clicking “My computer” and selecting control panel.
Look under Ports (COM & LPT). You should see an open port named “USB Serial Port” Right click on the “USB Serial Port” and choose the “Update Driver Software” option.
Sample driver input directory : C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\drivers\FTDI USB Drivers\amd64
- Installing drivers for the Seeeduino with window8 or windows10
You should save these files which you are editing before installing driver with window8，because there will several power off during operating.
- Press “Windows Key” +”R”
- Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
- Click the “OK” button.
- System will restart to a “Choose an option” screen
- Select “Troubleshoot” from “Choose an option” screen
- Select “Advanced options” from “Troubleshoot” screen
- Select “Windows Startup Settings” from “Advanced options” screen
- Click “Restart” button
- System will restart to “Advanced Boot Options” screen
- Select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” (1)
- Once the system starts, you can install the Arduino drivers as same as Windows
(1) Screen capture (sorry but in French : option 7) :
Executing the firmware update:
Once your converter is recognized by Windows on a port COM, you need to run the chapter of procedure :
Appendix A How to update the firmware’s Converter
using the Quick-Start-Guide Guide.pdf
For this you must download the archive frsky_telemetry.zip
Xloader.exe is in the archive here: \frsky_telemetry\Firmware\XLoader
Select Device : Duemilanove/Nano(ATmega328) and frsky_telemetry.hex here: \frsky_telemetry\Firmware
Update your telemetry screen1 and screen2 in SCRIPTS/TELEMETRY directory with files telem1.lua and telem2.lua from \frsky_telemetry\Lua\2.1.X
Finaly rediscover your telemetry sensors on Taranis Radio.